Friday, August 28, 2009

Another Day!


Have you ever said "I will do it another day,Or I'll start it another day?"  So often I wish to speed up time.  So I don't have to deal with all the trials of the day.  I wonder why my children have to test me so often, why Levi can't just take a good nap(like right now), why Gavin has such a horrible temper, and Why Caleb's mouth is so sassy.  (Levi is out of bed again)  But then I am reminded that this is only a season, tomorrow is another day and it will change.  The boys will grow up, become men, and leave the house.  And I am sure I will wish for these days back again.  Maybe, LOL!!  It is amazing how in our heads we can imagine perfect days and lives.  Make up this perfect house and family.  And then make ourselves so disappointed when it doesn't come to pass.  I want to be content with where I'm at and with what I'm doing.  To wake up with a smile and enjoy my children.  There is a quote from Emery Pottle that says "One is given many chances to be a man; one can be a boy but once."  I think I need to remind myself of that daily.  These boys need to learn, explore, have crazy adventures, and have fun.  But they also need guidance, and discipline to grow into Godly men.  How is a Mom to do that?  How are we to guide them to their future?  I think by not demanding to much of them, by loving them for who they are and not what I want them to be.  By stop putting so much pressure on them when they do wrong and guide them and show them by example, of how to be.  (That is so funny, the one thing I struggle with, is my temper and wanting things done to perfection.  Anyone see my house lately!  Well God, work on me first then, so I can get this right)  I don't want another day to go by with this thought of perfection.  Of thinking that my boys need to act better or do things exactly how I think it should be done.  I want them to do their best and for me to do mine, but not let it take my enjoyment of life away.  I always say "Another Day", I'll always start another day.  Another day goes by and I don't start.  Well hopefully that will change, and another day won't go by with me thinking perfection, but of enjoyment.

2 comments:

  1. 'I want to be content with where I'm at and with what I'm doing.'
    I pray this for myself daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your blog....you should post a link to it at Facebook so everyone else can also enjoy it (that's if that is what you want :o)).

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete